Forum Guidelines and Rules
Welcome to the WiiTalk forum! To thoroughly enjoy and make the most out of your time here, please read through our rules below and keep them in mind when posting.
While we encourage lively debates and differences in opinion, we do ask that our members keep to a level of respect for others in the community. On a lighter note, we’ve created a “Hall of Shame” for those destined for the doghouse.
If you are unsure of anything, PM a moderator and we’ll be happy to address your concerns.
And lastly, we pride ourselves on being a mature discussion board. Lets keep it that way. - Use your common sense!
General Rules and Etiquette
1. If a moderator has edited your post to remove something, it is never a good idea to kick off or re-edit your post. Politeness and a sense of humour works much better.
2. If you find yourself in the HoS (Hall Of Shame), don’t panic! We've all been there, but make sure you find out what you did wrong so you don't make the same mistake twice.
3. Personal attacks, hate speech or name-calling will not be tolerated on the board.
4. Racism is absolutely NOT tolerated here and WILL result in an immediate and permanent ban.
4.(a) Any member making Homophobic comments will also receive an immediate and permanent ban.
5. Swearing should be avoided or kept to a minimum as this is a board for a wide range of people to feel comfortable in.
6. No Trolling: Trolling is inciting other members to attack you on purpose. This will not be tolerated.
7. No Warez: Pirated or any copyrighted material traded in violation of copyright law is not admissible in our forum.
7.(a) Please refrain from discussing chipping/modding and the copying/downloading of Wii games. There are other forums that discuss this topic so we do not need to cater for it here.
8. No PM abuse: We ask that our members please refrain from engaging in any abusive private messaging.
9. Spam: Spamming will NOT be tolerated. Please do no respond if you are spammed.
10. Obscene or adult content in any form is inadmissible in this forum. There are many other places online to talk about that sort of thing.
11. Please post using proper English, rather than "text talk".
12. Please do not create duplicate accounts.
13. If you are still unsure about any of these, these videos should clear things up for you:
How To Behave On An Internet Forum (Technology: MySpace, Facebook & More)
YouTube - Posting and YOU !!!
1. NO Affiliate Links - Any affiliate links posted will result in a 3-day ban. Repeat offences will result in a permanent ban.
2. NO Rival Forum Links - Any links posted to rival forums will result in a 7-day ban. Repeat offences will result in a permanent ban.
3. NO links to sites of a “commercial” nature. This includes sites whose purpose is to solicit money, advertise, promote, fundraise and the like.
4. No links to any illegal content.
1. To keep the forum running smoothly, please keep your signature size to a maximum of 500 by 100 pixels or 5 lines of text.
2. Any signatures above this limit will be removed and you may lose the privilege of using them in the future.