WiiTalk - The Complete Nintendo Wii Resource

Go Back   WiiTalk - The Complete Nintendo Wii Resource > Information and New Members Area > Forum News > WiiTalk Polls

WiiTalk Polls All of the official WiiTalk Polls are available in here

View Poll Results: How did you first find WiiTalk?
Searched for 'Wii Forum' 108 59.34%
General search directed you to a thread here 42 23.08%
Told about WiiTalk by a friend 8 4.40%
Via a link from another site 11 6.04%
Other 13 7.14%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
FooFan
Captain Falcon(Admin)

Location: WiiTalk HQ - Making the possible, totally impossible
Mii Mood:
Wii Username: Martin
FooFan has more reputation than senseFooFan has more reputation than senseFooFan has more reputation than senseFooFan has more reputation than senseFooFan has more reputation than senseFooFan has more reputation than senseFooFan has more reputation than senseFooFan has more reputation than senseFooFan has more reputation than senseFooFan has more reputation than senseFooFan has more reputation than sense
Awards Showcase
The 3 Years The 6,000 posts The Admin 
Total Awards: 3
Default How did you first find WiiTalk?

Can you remember how you first stumbled across the forums?

"...We don't stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing" - Firebox
Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us
Old 23-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pvt. Michael J. Caboose
Dr. Doak (WiiTalk's Best Username)

Mii Mood:
Pvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond reputePvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond reputePvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond reputePvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond reputePvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond reputePvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond reputePvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond reputePvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond reputePvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond reputePvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond reputePvt. Michael J. Caboose has a reputation beyond repute
Awards Showcase
The 2 years The 4,000 posts The WiiTalk Meet II The Designer 
Total Awards: 6

I was looking for somewhere to sell a couple of DS games

Ended up trading them in seen I couldn't sell them until I had 25 posts.. then something happened and I'm still here!
Old 23-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
<mojo>
Boo!

Mii Mood:
Wii Code: 2889-0567-4141-1338
<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears<mojo> has reputation coming out of their ears
Awards Showcase
The 2 years The 3,000 posts 
Total Awards: 2

I remember clearly ....

I was pretty actve on another Wii forum and was quite happy there .
Anyway .... after something of a skirmish I had with one of its "elite" members (long story) and feeling that a couple of the staff had completely the wrong attitude , instead of typing that particular name into a search , I typed Wii forum and found this place .

I was (almost) instantly greeted by the likes of Hilly , Bede and the Captain (and others of course) and instantly felt at home here . I think the British backbone of the forum played a large part in how comfortably I felt I fitted in .

Click HERE to add your friend codes to the ARCHIVE!
Need help??? Visit the WiiFAQ!
Old 23-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
hillyjo13
Rawk Hawk (Best Signature and Most Welcoming)

Mii Mood:
Wii Username: hilly
Wii Code: 2684 9604 3236 9535
hillyjo13 has more reputation than sensehillyjo13 has more reputation than sensehillyjo13 has more reputation than sensehillyjo13 has more reputation than sensehillyjo13 has more reputation than sensehillyjo13 has more reputation than sensehillyjo13 has more reputation than sensehillyjo13 has more reputation than sensehillyjo13 has more reputation than sensehillyjo13 has more reputation than sensehillyjo13 has more reputation than sense
Awards Showcase
The 2 years The WiiTalk Meet The 2,000 posts 

strange one for me! i was planning my wedding on a disney forum (one of two other great forums i use) when sort of an arguement broke out over the chipping of wii's anyway the person who was against it posted a link to a thread on wiitalk which at the time was about modding! i had a browse through some of the threads lurked for a couple of months and eventually signed up when i fell off the roof and the rest as they say is history

i never found out what the chap who posted the link was called on here all i know is he goes by the name disney mad on the other board! so if your still here thanks

Old 23-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lee
Peach

Mii Mood:
Wii Code: 6333 8196 9194 5578
Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Awards Showcase
The 3 Years The WiiTalk Meet The 1,000 posts 

Quote:
Originally Posted by <mojo> View Post
Anyway .... after something of a skirmish I had with one of its "elite" members (long story) and feeling that a couple of the staff had completely the wrong attitude
I want to hear the story!
Old 23-02-2008, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
KandiDesigns
Solid Snake

Mii Mood:
Wii Code: 0223 7584 4802 5112
KandiDesigns is a splendid one to beholdKandiDesigns is a splendid one to beholdKandiDesigns is a splendid one to beholdKandiDesigns is a splendid one to beholdKandiDesigns is a splendid one to beholdKandiDesigns is a splendid one to behold
Awards Showcase
The Designer The 2,000 posts The 1 Year 

I first stumbled across WiiTalk when i was after help on Resident Evil 4, i was stuck on a particular bit. Found the thread...and something kept me here! love It!

a
Old 23-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Missy
SNES

Mii Mood:
Wii Code: 1231 2852 9805 3104
Missy is on a distinguished road

I found this place whilst trying to order a Wii. I wanted more info on what this console could do, and the link arrived! Now I spend so much time playing on the damn thing, in the few hours I'm not working, I hardly get online anymore.

Old 23-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
doylen05
Megaman - WiiTalk Signature Maker

Mii Mood:
Wii Username: nathan
doylen05 has a brilliant futuredoylen05 has a brilliant futuredoylen05 has a brilliant futuredoylen05 has a brilliant futuredoylen05 has a brilliant futuredoylen05 has a brilliant futuredoylen05 has a brilliant futuredoylen05 has a brilliant futuredoylen05 has a brilliant futuredoylen05 has a brilliant futuredoylen05 has a brilliant future
Awards Showcase
The 2 years The 3,000 posts The Designer 

lookin for a place to chat about ninty and i found this for some reason i havnt been able to leave lol im goin to get the escape rote tato'd on my body

11-10-09
Old 23-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Venerable(ish)Bede
PC原人(WiiTalk's Cleverest and Funniest Member)

Mii Mood:
Wii Username: FABRICATUS DIEM
Wii Code: PUNC
Venerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than senseVenerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than senseVenerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than senseVenerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than senseVenerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than senseVenerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than senseVenerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than senseVenerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than senseVenerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than senseVenerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than senseVenerable(ish)Bede has more reputation than sense
Awards Showcase
The 2,000 posts The 2 years The WiiTalk Meet II The WiiTalk Meet 
Total Awards: 5

It was a rather elaborate story involving an international conspiracy, a sordid dance of political intrigue and an egg whisk.

Or maybe it was just google.

God appeared to have reacted badly to Bede's prayer for electricity to charge his DS

PS3 ID:
Old 23-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sherlock
Superman (Moderator)

Location: In a secret, undisclosed location under Arkham Island
Mii Mood:
Wii Username: Sherlock
Wii Code: 5275-2665-7691-0511
Sherlock has a brilliant futureSherlock has a brilliant futureSherlock has a brilliant futureSherlock has a brilliant futureSherlock has a brilliant futureSherlock has a brilliant futureSherlock has a brilliant futureSherlock has a brilliant futureSherlock has a brilliant futureSherlock has a brilliant futureSherlock has a brilliant future
Awards Showcase
The 2 years The Mod The 2,000 posts The Extremely Welcoming 
Total Awards: 6

I don't remember exactly. I think I ended up here by accident a couple weeks ago while I was searching for a list of Wii games released.