Home » News

Golden Joystick Awards 2009 - the Results

Written by a WiiTalk member on Friday, 30 October 20096 Comments

Officially the world’s largest annual gaming awards ceremony, with 1.2 million voters this year, the Golden Joysticks have been announced today, October 30th.

With categories covering all aspects of gaming, expect some surpises as well as some dead certs.

Family Game of the Year - LittleBigPlanet
Amiqus Games UK Developer of the Year - Jagex
Official Playstation Game of the Year - Killzone 2
Xbox World 360 Publisher of the Year - Activision Blizzard
Online Game of the Year - Left4Dead
Shortlist One to Watch - COD Modern Warfare 2
Ultimate Game of the Year - Fallout 3

The ceremony was hosted by Shaun Lock, who told some very un-PC jokes!

• J-Monkey said:

I lol’d at ‘Retailer of the year’, not too many choices are there? I would give it to gamestation anyway, they’re cleaner, friendlier and generally have better quality goods and a better variety.

Don’t really agree with Nintendo game of the year, as it’s not really a Nintendo game. A seperate company had to make it themselvces for it to be released on the Wii, it’s miles better on PS3 and 360 anyway. Not sure what I’d replace it with eith, to be honest. It’s been quite a poor year for games. Next years Golden Joystickswill be better with SMG2, NSMB, WiiFit+, SEGA racing and new Monkey Ball. Not to mention far more games for the PS3 and 360.

• Undertime23 said:

I agree with J-Monkey. Gamestation are way better than Game and I don’t agree with the Nintendo Game either. It should either be Professer Layton and Pandoras Box or Wii Sports Resort.

• bidden_sue said:

Actually, both of those games came out after the voting period, so they would be due for consideration in next year’s awards.

• Mckenzie Hartse said:

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thank you!

• New Country Music said:

Another Title…

I saw this really funny post today, and I want to shared this with my friends….

• movie download sites said:

2011 Best Shooter was announced - you guessed it - Call of Duty: Black Ops.