Home » Features, News

WiiTalk’s Games of the Decade - The Results!

Written by FooFan on Friday, 1 January 201010 Comments

All the votes are in and we can now officially announce which games have been chosen by WiiTalk members as the best of the decade!

THE Game of the Decade - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare reinvented the CoD series and brought it to the modern day. An impressive single player campaign was dwarfed by the ultra addictive online multiplayer, which has become the standard for online FPS since. With the sequel being released recently to a new level of hype and expectation, it set new records and built even further on the foundations of the first. Arguably Modern Warfare 2 is the better game, but there’s no denying the overall importance of the original and it’s deserved status of a landmark in gaming.

Nintendo Game of the Decade - Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy is the game which showcases what the Wii can do when time and effort are spent on creating a top quality title. Mario is a stranger to no-one, but Mario Galaxy continues to push the franchise forward by adding the element of Gravity. Coupled with arguably the best graphics for a game on the Wii and a musical score that could rival any film, this is a game that every Wii owner should have and quite deservedly takes the Nintendo game of the decade award.

Microsoft Game of the Decade - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Perhaps this was to be expected with the game racking up the overall game of the decade votes, but it does show the sheer quality of a game when it’s released on multiple platforms and still sits above all first party titles. A special mention should go to Fallout 3 which came 2nd in our polls and GTA IV which finished 3rd.

Sony Game of the Decade - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

To complete the clean sweep, Modern Warfare also bags the best Sony title of the decade. There were, however, 2 first party games in Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 which came joint 2nd in our polls alongside GTA IV.

So there you have it! There’s no denying Modern Warfare’s complete dominance of the last couple of years, but it seems that the best was indeed saved til last as it has also dominated our polls for the decade. With some great games already on the horizon and the prospect of the next generation of consoles not so far away, what do you think the next decade of games will bring? and will it be better than this one?

• free sms said:

I think i should learn from you in terms of aspects of the site my sms web site really looks ugly.

• free samples europe said:

I wanted to follow up and allow you to know how , a great deal I treasured discovering your site today. I would consider it a great honor to do things at my business office and be able to utilize tips discussed on your website and also be involved in visitors’ feedback like this. Should a position associated with guest writer become offered at your end, remember to let me know.

• jailbreak wii said:

how about Goldeneye 007, considering it sold over 1 million in it’s first 10 weeks

• commission vigilante said:

Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

• call of duty modern warfare 3 said:

call of duty modern warfare 3…

Thanks for the read, It’s hard to find information on call of duty modern warfare 3 thats not just some one trying to sell you stuff, thanks again…

• movie download sites said:

I missed the vote, but I also agree the Game of the Decade - Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is a good choice, a close second would be Golden Eye, these are my best of the decade

• Vicky said:

Woh I love your content, saved to bookmarks!

• ugg boots sale said:

The stakes are high because Ford??s stepped-up investment is arising at once if your U

• bodybuilding blog said:

fantastic points altogether, you just received a new reader. What may you recommend in regards to your publish that you made some days ago? Any certain?

• מובילים מומלצים said:

this? is music oh yeah liviu &mona sweet love great song