Home » News

Wii Sales Milestone Reached

Written by JBond007 on Friday, 13 August 20109 Comments

According to latest sales figures, an impressive 30 million Wii consoles have been sold in the US alone. Worldwide figures put sales at almost 74 million units shipped. Not bad for a console aimed at casual gamers, and still not even 4 years old. At this rate, it is well on cause to beat the record set by the PS2, the console to reach 100 million sales the quickest, at 5 years 9 months.

Despite the decline in interest for the Wii, 3 million units were shipped between the April 1st and June 30th. People have complained that the Wii cannot offer the standard of games available on its rival consoles, due to lack of power, but the Wii has opened up gaming to all ages and there lies the secret to its success.

With an impressive line up of games on the horizon (see our Previews section), things can only get better for Wii sales in the run up to Christmas. Also, if rumours are to be believed, next year could be even more profitable for Nintendo, with the release of the Wii 2.

• ynneBenny said:

I wonder how many of those 74 million units are actually turned on once a week………

• Mrs. Anti-Virus said:

I bet you wish george bush was still president now

• download starcraft 2 shokz guide said:

It is rare to locate a professional person in whom you will surely have some faith. In the world of today, nobody absolutely cares about showing others the solution in this issue. How happy I am to have now found a real wonderful web-site as this. It really is people like you who really make a true difference these days through the concepts they talk about.

• builerdisc94 said:

Thanks for sharing that link… but unfortunately it seems to be down? Anybody have a mirror? MYr:j reviews on proactol t0GVr

• cheat codes for call of duty black ops said:

Other gaming companies said it was nothing but a bunch of smoke and mirrors, those companies are looking pretty stupid these days after they were proven completely wrong.

• artukuły do terapi said:

A person essentially help to make seriously posts I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to make this particular publish extraordinary. Wonderful job!

• Muggsy said:

Christmas is just around the corner so i expect they will be able to up those sales by a few more million! I’ll be buying mine on EBAY this year though to save a few quid.

• wii jailbreak said:

very impressive milestone indeed, wow

• dumpster rental wingdale ny said:

I just came across this blog page I was I’m getting a 404 page not observed when trying to access other posts I hope it gets fixed. Many thanks