Home » Features, News

WiiTalk has 15,000 Members! …and a new feature.

Written by FooFan on Monday, 8 December 200818 Comments

That’s right folks! In the early hours of this morning we go our 15,000th member :D

It’s a big milestone for the forum and it has coincided nicely with our new blog section.

But we’d already announced this new blog area before we had the 15,000th member, so it’s only fair that we celebrate this with something else… and it just so happens that we’ve been working on something else! ;)

I give to you, the WiiTalk Awards System!

Basically, we now how a variety of awards that can be given to any member on the forum. These will appear just under where your Rep bar is now. The awards can only be given by mods and are awarded for your contribution to the forum. Below are all the categories and their subsequent awards.

Long Service Awards

• 1 year
  • 2 years
  • 3 years
  • 4 years

Post Count Awards

• 1,000
  • 2,000…
  • 10,000

Community Awards

• Outstanding Contribution to the Forum
  • Helpful above the call of duty
  • Extremely Welcoming
  • Superb Advice

Usergroup Awards

• Sig and Avatar Designers
  • Bloggers
  • Admins
  • Mods

Post Awards

• Top Thread
  • Top Post

Gaming Awards

•  These will be awarded to the winners of WiiTalk online tournaments
  • The medals will be created for each specific game
  • Only ‘Official’ WiiTalk Tournament winners will receive one

We’ll be looking to add more categories and more awards to that list so if you have any suggestions, please let us know! You’ve probably already worked out that quite a few of you have already earned a few of these awards… Well over the next couple of days we’ll be making sure that everyone who is entitled to one, will get one. :)

So expect to see Medals popping up under your’s and other member’s usernames!

Thanks for making WiiTalk the success it is today and enjoy your new feature!

• bidden_sue said:

Brilliant! Look forward to seeing a few of these handed out.

• Nicko said:

Excellent work again guys.

• zoidy said:

absolutely brilliant addition to our boards… i also like that this was a forum decision and has been introduced after careful consideration!

• Caesar said:

Super stuff. Should have a few of those medals coming my way =D

• Carver said:

Cool, medals!

• chocomuncher said:

Looking good :D

• Fallen said:

Nice one, they look great :D I look forward to seeing them around :)

• MilkyMalky said:

Excellent idea and a welcome addition. very impressed guys! :D

• Ed00 said:

Bronco I pm’d you about the ‘arrangement’…seems many new things are begining to kick off now :)

Respond whenever, hope we can get things moving :)

Well done wiitalk :)

• DK_Rules said:

Nice! :D

• Wii_willy_winker said:

Its all looking too professional nowadays! I preferred the old knocked up and stuck together wit hsticky tape look….

• kjk53 said:

love to win stuff

• Melisa said:

Great job guys, 15k members is a huge milestone!

• cell phone spying said:

hello there and thank you for your information ¡V I¡¦ve definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective exciting content. Make sure you update this again very soon..

• SEO Backlinkpakete said:

I just added this blog site to my google reader, great stuff. Cannot get enough! I also share that site at Oneview :-)

• gag gifts for a chef said:

For me, becoming a chef was not an initial decision. I dappled in a few other careers but was always to afraid to pursue cooking; eventually, however, I started cooking for friends, which then led to my cooking for their friends, end eventually cooking as a personal chef as a career. It happened very organically and I feel very lucky for it.

• Rebekah said:

It’s actually a great and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

• house cleaning rates manhattan new york said:

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!